Inmagic is offering First Quarter 2012 special prices for Presto projects through Trimagic. Call us now on +61(0)2 9880 8666 for further details!
This month we spotlight Inmagic's latest version of Presto, its browser-based information portal, which is on special offer to Trimagic customers. There is also information for those of you involved in, or contemplating, a Sharepoint implementation.
Inmagic has just released the latest version of Presto (4.1), its browser-based information portal offering “secure, flexible, user access capabilities”. Presto 4.1 has many exciting new features that will enable you to provide your end users with a truly enhanced content searching experience.
Trimagic Discovery Server
The Trimagic Discovery Server (TDS) enhances the searcher’s experience beyond Search & Find to Search & Discover & Find. Discovery delivers content that is related to the original search, but not normally found using traditional searching techniques, presenting the searcher with a richer vein of information, as well as alternative search strategies.
The TDS is based upon the VuFind open source system developed and currently supervised by Villanova University, Pa, USA.
- simple and easy to use
- synchronise content from your DB/Textworks® database directly into the TDS
- a data mapping screen enables you to import whatever fields you need from the original database
- powerful search and retrieval
- as well as Boolean operators, you can use single character wildcards, multiple character wildcards, fuzzy searches and proximity searches
- ‘boosting’ a term will give it more weighting during the search
- use a single search field for ‘easy’ searching
- spelling suggestions are given for suspected typos
- create your own ‘advanced’ search, adding more fields as required
- refine your search results using fields such as Format, Author, Language, etc.
- browse the indexes alphabetically, starting from wherever you like
- browse indexes such as Author and select records from an entry
- fields such as Author are hypertext ‘see also’ links allowing you to retrieve more records from the same source
- the TDS will suggest similar items to those found in your search
- ‘did you mean’ suggestions for typos in searches
- predictive 'search as you type' displays content to assist in your discoveries
- add items from your search results to your favourites and email the information centre to request them
- email lists of items to your colleagues, sharing your discoveries to assist them in collaborative projects
- field labels and instructions can be translated for non-english language users
- special interface for mobile devices.
If you would like a Trimagic Discovery Server demonstration, or want more information on our information and library management solutions, please contact us on +61 (0)2 9880 8666, or complete our Information Request Form. You can also download a Trimagic Discovery Server product brochure.